Plastic Thermoformed High Impact Polystyrene Front Fascia for the Gaming Industry
With extensive relationships in the gaming and entertainment industry, Northern Precision Plastics is often called upon to manufacture game cabinet components and other products. When a customer approached us to manufacture this front fascia used on a video game system, we were more than willing to provide our thermoforming services. The high impact polystyrene (HIPS) base material is common for these types of products, and we made use of a specialty metallic copper color to provide a dynamic look suitable to the application.
Also suited to the application was a lack of sharp edges and corners, which we used our CNC routing finishing services to accomplish after the initial thermoforming process. The 0.250" thick final product had dimensions of 32.69" x 24.45". Contact us for more information on our full suite of plastic molding and forming services, or continue to explore our site.
Request a Quote
Project details for this Plastic Thermoformed High Impact Polystyrene Front Fascia for the Gaming Industry
- Product Description
- This thermoformed front fascia is used within a video game system.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Thermoforming 5 axis CNC routing, attaching of 1/4-20 steel nut inserts
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Single station Comet Thermoformer
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Material Thickness: .188"
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- 0.010"
- Material Used
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- Metallic Copper
- Break all Sharp Edges and Corners
- Estimated Part Weight
- 14.5 pounds
- Industry for Use
- Delivery Location
- Northern Illinois, USA
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Gaming System Front Fascia
View other Projects